Architects, builders and homeowners have ways of blending or accentuating the garage door with custom details.
- Break up the expanse of the garage doors with windows of similar style to the house windows.
- Use a similar wood to the houses siding to blend or accentuate the door by using reclaimed wood to add a texture different from the home.
- Mirror special architectural detail from the home in the garage door design.
- Incorporate metals such as copper or steel in the underlay of
the door for a stunning entryway. View this metal wood door combination.
- Add decorative iron hinges and handles to complete the carriage house, swing out "look" to the garage door while never sacrificing push button operation.
- Incorporate metals such as copper or steel in the underlay of the door for a stunning entryway. (link to picture of door w/metal)
- Consider an archway garage door opening with a door design that follows the arch.
A fundamental design tip is to stay true to your homes architectural style or genre. Here are a few helpful hints:
- Western/Rustic style homes are often complemented by cross-bucks on garage doors. See the Crossing Collection
- The Clavos door design [Artisans Collection] complements either Spanish or Pueblo looks.
- For Prairie Style homes, consider the Wright or LaSalle door design, [Artisans Collection] which is in keeping with the horizontal lines stressed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- The Rising door design [Artisans Collection] offers an option for Art Deco Styles, which homes often feature rounded windows and curved corners.
- Consider The Tucker, The Packard, or The Benz [all of the Vintage
Collection] for Bungalows or Arts and Crafts style homes.
Feel free to make your own boundaries . . . after all nobody knows your home better than you.
Sometimes the right glass windows, handles or accessories can make a difference. See door hardware and glass window options.
Complete our Free Estimate Form now.